When I was a lot younger than I am now I learned the address of where I was growing up. More about that in a moment. First I want to mention what I didn’t learn. I didn’t learn that I was at TQ 23210 65789. Nor did I learn that I lived at 51.377792, -0.23107184…. Read more »
I don’t grow my own organic vertices. Nor do I use gluten-free technology. At least not that I’m aware. But I have been known to geocode by hand, in small batches and I do follow the @geohipster Twitter account. According to a new map put together by Ralph Straumann, that’s enough to make me a #geohipster.
In English, null means nothing, nil, empty or void. In computing, null is a special value for nothing, an empty value. In geography, null tends to be what you get when you’ve been unable to geocode a place or an address and haven’t checked the geocoder’s response. What you end up with is a pair of coordinates of 0 degrees longitude and 0 degrees latitude, a point somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, south of Ghana and west of Gabon. It’s here that you’ll also find Null Island, if you look hard enough.
The last week has been crammed with planning for and finally realising the first WhereCamp unconference to be held in Europe. More of that later but before WhereCamp EU, there was the London Twitter Developer’s DevNest. Angus Fox, one of the organisers of the DevNest, had first got in touch with me last year after… Read more »
- A giant, plastic, Parmesan round is the obvious choice for a coffee shop decoration. Right? @ Costa https://t.co/bc6KGvAuEp about 18 hours ago
- Current status - watching all the grounded British Airways planes @ Heathrow Terminal 2 https://t.co/0Dm7kFy9sm about 18 hours ago
- Meanwhile, in the City of London @ St. Paul's Cathedral https://t.co/T3OeM3e4Jm 11:13:36 AM May 26, 2017
- Ooh. I've never been to a gardend before. @ Hammersmith https://t.co/Y5Tfhaft3L 03:22:51 PM May 25, 2017
- I only drink these when the temperature gets to 25° #GuiltyPleasure #StarbucksIsNotCoffee @… https://t.co/QhcZA5s1Jk 02:51:32 PM May 25, 2017
- Current status; somewhere above Regent Street @ Regent Street https://t.co/WYMqooB24V 02:17:58 PM May 23, 2017
- Current status ... river and people watching @ Kingston Bridge, London https://t.co/gHt8yAOIn9 10:30:10 AM May 21, 2017
- Meanwhile, in Kingston .... @ the terrace eatery https://t.co/G0DuShCngx 10:25:20 AM May 21, 2017
- I am feeling welcomed @ The Cricketers, Richmond Green https://t.co/PWLYy0fkJv 05:37:34 PM May 18, 2017