- You can install WP Biographia automatically from the WordPress admin panel. From the Dashboard, navigate to the Plugins / Add New page and search for WP Biographia and click on the Install Now link.
- Or you can install WP Biographia manually. Download the plugin Zip archive and uncompress it. Copy or upload the
wp-biographia folder to the
wp-content/plugins folder on your web server.
- Activate the plugin. From the Dashboard, navigate to Plugins and click on the Activate link under the entry for WP Biographia.
- Enhance your WordPress user profile. From the Dashboard, navigate to Users and click on the Edit link under your profile.
- Edit your WordPress user profile. Add your biography to the Biographical Info text box. WP Biographia also adds to the list of Contact Info you can associate with your profile, adding support for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Click on the Update Profile link to save your changes.
- Customize and configure what information WP Biographia displays; From the Dashboard, navigate to the Settings / WP Biographia page or click on the Settings link from the Plugins page on the Dashboard.
- You can can control display settings, style settings and content settings for the Biography Box.
- Click on the Save Changes button to preserve your chosen settings and options.
- If you enable the display of the post author's image, make sure avatar support is turned on; from the Dashboard, navigate to Settings / Discussion and ensure that Show Avatars is enabled.
- Users with the
manage_options capability can edit their profile via Users / Your Profile from the Dashboard to suppress the display of the Biography Box on posts and/or on pages and also the profiles of other users via the Users / All Users / Edit from the Dashboard.
- Suppression of the display of the Biography Box on posts and/or on pages can also be configured from the Dashboard; navigate to Settings / WP Biographia / Biography Box Display Settings and click on the Exclusions tab