Islands of the North Atlantic Part 1 - This is Not the United Kingdom You're Looking For
It was back in February of 2009 that I first wrote about the complex and confusing geographies of the British Isles, the United Kingdom and many other terms of reference for the archipelago of islands that sit off of the north-west coast of Europe and that I call home. Since then, with one notable exception, I have found myself having the same conversations on this topic at pretty much every place I've worked at.
So this is the first in a series of articles about the physical, political, administrative and other geographies of what's sometimes called the Islands of the North Atlantic, which should put this to rest ... until something else changes.
- This is not the United Kingdom You're Looking For
- The Dis-united Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- The Geographies of England - An Exercise in Complexity
- Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh Geographies - Simplicity not Complexity
- Crown Dependencies, Overseas Territories and the Commonwealth of Nations