Deliciousness: Sherlock Holmes, Car Desks, Macs, GeoVation, Crocodiles and Total Carp
Yet again it's been a while. But there's stuff out there on the Internet you know.
- Considering he was a fictitious character set in 1880's London, Arthur Conan Doyle certainly made sure that Sherlock Holmes got about; someone's even displayed all of this on a map of London.
- Want an instant ergonomic desk? Let me rephrase that. Want an instant ergonomic desk that clips to your car's steering wheel? What more could you need? "This has been a total lifesaver. It allows me to prop my sheet music against the wheel, allowing me to play the guitar with both hands while driving."
- Recently DropBox stopped synching my files from my local DropBox to my remote one in the cloud. Deleting ~/.dropbox helped get things synching properly again.
- I can never remember the key combinations needed to start my Intel Macs into single user mode, or to boot from the DVD. The Apple KnowledgeBase has it all documented.
- The GeoVation Challenge made into the BBC. Disclosure; I'm on the judging panel.
- Want to travel from Newquay in Cornwall to Kyle of Lochalsh in Scotland? Want to do it by train? You better have a grand to spare; £1002.00 to be precise.
- In Schipol and seeing a crocodile in a suitcase? This may help explain.
- Best. Magazine. Name. Ever. Part 2.
- I never made it to the Social Media '09 conference in London this year; but I was there in Tweet if not in body.