Deliciousness: megalomania, logos, Tube map, paper abstracts, location, Freud and tech mistakes
It's been a while but odd, weird and even occasionally interesting stuff continues to fall down the back of the internet and gets captured in Delicious along the way. Here's the pick of the last few weeks.
- Today I was caught red handed trying to blow up the world ... mwah hah hah hah.
- A well known Irish budget airline found that its blue and yellow "harp" logo had suffered an, unasked for, logo makeover.
- The London Underground Tube map regains the River Thames and gets a version for tourists.
- Are you the sort of person who shouts at the screen "that's not right" when watching a film? You're not alone.
- Looking for a nearby wifi hotspot? A low tech approach can help.
- Microsoft's new Windows 7 OS has inbuilt location services; but are they up to the challenge of managing location safely, securely and with sufficient flexibility?
- Submitting a paper abstract for a conference? This might help.
- You've probably heard of a Freudian Slip; now you can wear suitable slippers.
- If Jack The Ripper was alive today, would he use Twitter?