Deliciousness: lost rivers, maps, dogs, fonts, alphabets, tees, bacon, lots of bacon, coffee & KitKats
Forgive me; it's been 5 conferences and 2 months since my last Deliciousness post and I offer this one up by way of atonement.
- Stamford Brook, Parr's Ditch, Counter's Creek ... all part of the network of lost rivers beneath the streets of London. I grew up next to and played in one of them, Beverley Brook, as a (very muddy) child.
- Some maps are works of art but Jason LaFerrera makes works of art from maps. No, really.
- OpenStreetMap, waze and Map Maker announce the formation of the Closed Street Map alliance, but check out the date of the post and the registrant's details from the WHOIS record as well.
- A search for estate agents in Islington on Mountain View's favourite search engine seems to say that prisons and estate agents are one and the same.
- Forget dogs that look like their owners. Forget owners that look like their dogs. Fonts that look like dogs, that's the thing.
- While I'm on the subject of fonts; best alphabet. Ever.
- While I'm on the subject of best (ever); best beer name. Ever.
- The last time I mentioned bacon deliciousness was October 2009 so here's a double helping. Still cooking your bacon the old fashioned way, you know, in a frying pan or under the grill? Try wrapping it around your machine gun for a change. You're going to be thirsty after all that cooking (and possibly that shooting) so slake your thirst with a beer, bacon flavoured of course.
- I want this tee shirt, part one. Some days you make the coffee, some days the coffee makes you.
- I want this tee shirt, part two. Nerd is the new cool you know.
- I want this tee shirt, part three. Bacon makes everything better.
- Not much in the grand scheme of things but two of my Flickr photos made it into the 2010 London Schmap guide. This pleased me.
- Still drinking your coffee, the old fashioned way, by mouth? That's so passe. Inhaling is the new drinking.
- Not one KitKat. Oh no. Nineteen of them. In Japan only, sadly.