Deliciousness: ringing phones, suicide linux, Flickr plugins, editing, zoomable maps and upsidedownness
Today's social bookmarking deliciousness, from down the back of the internet.
- Got a colleague who keeps wandering away from their desk and leaving their mobile phone behind, which then keeps on ringing? Maybe they need one of these signs left on their desk. Maybe.
- Fancy a challenge? How many times a day do you type the incorrect command at the shell? Once, twice, three times a day? More? Maybe you should give Suicide Linux a try; it helpfully turns any mistyped command into
rm -rf /thus helpfully erasing your root file system. Concentrate now.
- The WordPress Flickr Manager is a wonderful plugin which integrates your Flickr photostream into blog posts. Alas it doesn't work with WordPress 2.9. Until now.
- Posting the same article to multiple blogs severely impacts your search engine ranking results. How did I not know this? It's stopped at least one person from using the Posterous autopost function.
- Sometimes, just sometimes, sub-editors trim just a little bit too much from an article prior to publishing.
- We're used to online slippy maps being able to zoom in and out; but zooming in and out of paper maps? That's something else indeed.
- What's happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; but sometimes it stays on FourSquare as well.
- Photo of the year so far; the Space Shuttle Endeavour, caught in silhouette from the International Space Station. That phrase alone sounds like it's been lifted wholesale from an Arthur. C. Clarke novel.
- ˙uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ 'sǝɯıʇǝɯos ʇsnɾ 'sǝɯıʇǝɯos